Monday, June 11, 2012

The Dream


Baseball

I have always loved baseball. Ever since I was introduced to the game I have loved it. I have played since I was 7. Baseball has a mystique about it. Part of the this mystique stems from the beauty and uniqueness of each stadium. Every baseball fan loves to go to the stadium and experience the thrill of the game and energy of being a part of the crowd.

The Dream 

I had heard years ago about fans who had gone to see a baseball game in every stadium. Actually that went to see a game in every stadium in 30 days. There are 30 teams and 30 stadiums so these people saw a game everyday for a month. To me this sounded like an AWESOME idea. I was quite jealous when I heard of this. I could only dream of this because it seemed so far out of reach and so far from anything that I would ever do. I am not really the adventurous type. I don't really venture outside of my comfort zone very often. So there it was just a dream to visit the Green Monster at old, quirky, yet beautiful Fenway. To visit the friendly confines and see the ivy and rooftop seating at Wrigley. To see Yankee Stadium and Monument park. To visit Camden Yards, where the revival of the classic ballpark started with its beautiful brick walls tucked into the downtown area.
Yankee Stadium
Camden Yards
Fenway
Wrigley

The Goal

Then last fall I realized that I might be able to make this dream a reality. I am a senior in College at the university of Colorado at Colorado Springs and will be graduating in December. As I have gotten closer to my graduation I have been faced with the question of what comes next. I realized I only have one summer left and then I will (hopefully) be working summers from now on, which is bittersweet. This realization led to think about what I would do with my last summer ever. I could get an internship and work or go to Africa or do nothing of significance. 

OR I could go see a baseball game in every stadium! 

So that is the goal this summer. To see a baseball game in every Major League Baseball stadium. With all the planning that had to go into this to get to stadiums in at least somewhat of a logical order when each team is actually playing at home and with how much driving there is between stadiums there is no way I could do it in 30 days but I did plan a good route with some extra time to see things like Cooperstown, Disney World, Niagara Falls and Washington DC on the 4th of July. After all the planning it will take me 50 days and over 10,000 miles to complete my journey but I am looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment